Saturday, May 7, 2011

Conversations

I talk. A lot. Ask anyone who knows me and he or she will tell you that I have the either annoying or amazing ability to keep any conversation going almost under any circumstances. I have countless conversations a day, via text messages, facebook, telephones and face to face contact. But lately I've been questioning, with my command of the English language and of conversations am I really saying anything? Do I know when to stop small talk and actually say something with meaning and importance? Is there really any way I would be able to articulate my thoughts to those around me and  have them actually hold purpose and meaning in their minds? Do my thoughts have purpose and meaning? Do people even want my thoughts bouncing around in their heads? Are my thoughts even elastic and bounce at all? Or are they more box-y and stacked nicely in neat, organized rows? Or are my thoughts like a jigsaw puzzle and a jumbled mess?
Anyway, thoughts aside, even with my talent in the conversation department, I've found in recent situations in my life that I don't even know what to say. I mean, what do you say to someone you haven't seen in two years that has hurt you beyond even what you understand? And how do you fully tell someone in every little way how much they mean to you and have completely and wholly changed you? How can you say something that lets someone know to the endless degree you love him? Are some things impossible to put into words? I mean, I love language and saying what I feel and think. But sometimes, words just aren't enough..... no matter how good you are at saying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment