Friday, June 24, 2011

Poem Again

Here's a poem I wrote about two weeks ago. A friend asked me to post another poem so here's one that doesn't suck too terribly. Sorry if I come across more angsty in my poetry than in my prose. I think poetry is supposed to work like that.

Heartache to End

You're my favorite song
A melody of sighs and passionate whispers
The void of which is making my heart begin to blister
But I'll never tell you
Even though you might miss me too

I feel alone and left
Empathizing with every tragic character who has wept
It's killing me and I want it done
But you've still been the only one
To love my heart and make it yours
Without leaving me feeling like I need to be more

This pain and heartache isn't your fault
I'm convincing myself it's my own personal emotional assault
I don't need you...
To change or bend
I just need this silent heartache to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment