Friday, December 26, 2014

Flash Fiction Friday

Hey there! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I actually have a somewhat season-related flash fiction response this time to this prompt:


She never spoke, never made a sound, but the look in her eyes told me what was about to happen. She was going to bring up politics at the dinner table. Conversation had lulled and we had already avoided that general topic three times over between Uncle Larry’s racist joke and Grandpa’s nickname for the new brother-in-law.

You could intervene, my little shoulder angel seemed to whisper, she hasn’t been home in a while and doesn’t know what she’s getting herself into.

Naw! My little shoulder devil piped in. It could be fun to watch.

And it was, poor thing.

You can read the other flash fiction responses at these lovely blogs below:


Quinlyn Shaughnessy - qsstoryblog.blogspot.com


Ginny Romney - romneyrants.blogspot.com



3 comments:

  1. Haha, too accurate. I love that your protagonist listened to their shoulder devil and enjoyed this way too much. Very relatable piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! There's always that one person at the dinner table. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahahahahahahaha! This is my Thanksgiving in so many ways. I love/cry-many-sad-tears over it!

    ReplyDelete