Monday, November 4, 2013

Silly Little Thought on Romantic Comedies

Tonight I was listening to music,doing my best pretending to be productive, and a song from one of my favorite chick flicks from my teenage/hopeless romantic phase (which I'm not completely sure I ever got over) came on. I was suddenly flooded not only with nostalgia for all those girls nights with popcorn and chocolate, but with emotions of love, excitement, longing, and completion. I was feeling everything  that song sang about and that movie brought to the screen. Only, it was better than anything that song or movie could convey...because it was real. I am in love. I feel complete and happy, and love someone with an intensity that cannot be contained in any movie or song, no matter how great. It hit me that my reality is better than any fantasy I drooled over as a teenage girl waiting for my prince charming to come. He's better than any prince charming and my life is better than a fairytale. I am in love and it is real and I no longer have to daydream about what all the love songs are talking about....because I'm living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment